Do you heard about these amazing benefits of beetroot ?If not read here..
We used beetroots mostly in making salads and juice.But do you know that this red fruit is how much beneficial for our health and body?We will discuss more benefits of beetroot below.
Table of contents
- Do you heard about these amazing benefits of beetroot ?If not read here..
- Let's talk some more about the benefits of beetroot and than its health benefits..
- Health Benefits Of Beetroot
- Beetroot for Diabetes Patients
- Beet and Beet Juice For Heart
- Beets maintains blood level in our body
- Beets for Inflammation
- Beetroots improves skin health
- Benefits of beetroots for dandruff
- Beetroot for weight loss
- Beetroot Improves Sexual Health
- Beneficial in Pregnancy
- Health Benefits Of Beetroot
- Reduces Bad Cholestrol
Beet should be used in many forms instead of only making a salad, you can make beetroot juice too and also beneficial and can be used by mixing with lemon juice, orange juice, apple juice etc.
Beetroot is red in color, so most of the people also call it as a blood-making fruit.Beetroot contains sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulfur, choline, iodine, iron, vitamin B1, B2 and C in enough amount.
Folic acid present in beet is very effective and beneficial in pregnancy.
Beetroot leaves also contain iron, calcium, and vitamins that saves us from many types of harmful diseases.
If you use beet leaves also, the iron present in it can help in increasing blood in the body.
It not only benefits for health but also provides lots of benefits to both health and beauty together.Regular use of beetroot or its leaves can improve and treat problems related to your skin too.
You can make juice of beetroot leaves and use it every day for better health and fitness.
Let’s talk some more about the benefits of beetroot and than its health benefits..
The beetroot is the taproot portion of the beet plant.It is one of the many varieties of the genus Beta vulgaris, all of which are mostly grown for their edible taproots and leaves.
Apart from being used as a food, beetroot is also used as a medicinal plant and as a food colorant. Popularly known as beet,the vegetable is called Chukander in Hindi, Remolachas in Spanish, and Hong Cai tou in Chinese.
Beetroot or table beets are from the same family as sugar beets, but they are genetically and nutritionally different. Sugar beets are white in color and commonly used for extracting sugar and sweetening manufactured foods. Sugar cannot be obtained from beets, which are mostly red or gold in color.
Many studies indicate that eating more plant foods, like beetroot, decreases the risk of obesity, overall mortality, diabetes, and heart disease and promotes a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy, and overall lower weight.
Beetroot and beetroot juice are good sources of various nutrients.One cup of raw beet contains :
⦁ Energy: 45 Calories
⦁ Carbohydrates: 9.56 g
⦁ Protein: 1.61 g
⦁ Total Fat: 0.17 g
⦁ Cholesterol : 0 mg
⦁ Dietary Fibre: 2.80 g
⦁ Sugar: 9 g
⦁ Fibre: 4 g
We just talked about Beetroot values.Now we are going to talk about its benefits in details.
Health Benefits Of Beetroot
Read out some of the most beneficial qualities of beetroot for our health.
Beetroot for Diabetes Patients
Beetroot is most effective and beneficial for diabetes patients.It contains antioxidants that control in the increase of blood sugar level.
Beets controls the insulin senstivity in our body and also decreases the oxidative level.In this way beetroot is effective for diebetes patients.
Beet and Beet Juice For Heart
Beetroot contains an element called nitrate that controls the pressure of blood and the butane present in it can control blood deposition in the heart.In this way, beetroot can beneficial in heart diseases.
Beetroot juice is also more helpful for Hypertention and Heart attack type problems.Overall it is also helpful in the blood circulation in the body.
Beets maintains blood level in our body
For increasing blood in our body naturally, beetroot is the best food ingredient as I had ever seen.
It contains enough amount of Iron that helps in increasing red blood cells and also makes them effectively active.
It is also more helpful in anemia. Regular use of beetroots in our body can help to fight various diseases.
Beets for Inflammation
Choline is a very important and versatile nutrient in beetroot that helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning, and memory.
Choline also helps to maintain the structure of cellular membranes, aids in the transmission of nerve impulses, assists in the absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation.
Beetroots improves skin health
Boil white beetroot in water and filter that water,now wash your face with that water.This beet water is helpful in reducing acne, pimples,irritation and even more.Also it can be used in illness to wash your face.[treat of acne and pimples on face]
Benefits of beetroots for dandruff
Mix enough amount of vinegar in beetroot juice and apply it on your head or Rub a piece of ginger with beet water and massage gently at night.And wash your head in the morning.You will notice that you dandruff will disappear in few uses.
Beetroot for weight loss
One characteristic that makes beets the ideal weight loss food is its natural sweetness. Because a diet high in added sugar can result in weight gain.
Beets are rich in fiber, which makes it one of the best weight loss foods.
Talking about benefits beetroot juice, some experts say that it is better as your body can absorb nutrients better from the juice, no matter what juice it may be.
Beetroot Improves Sexual Health
In the ancient time,beet was mostly used for sexual health.Beetroots contain good amount of boron,a mineral directly related to the production of sex harmones.Beetroots are also relaxing.
Betaine in beets relaxes your mind,and tryptophan contributes to happiness, both of which can help you get in the mood.
Some studies found that beetroot juice can also helpful in treating sexual weakness.
Beneficial in Pregnancy
It is proved by study and researches that beets are effective in pregnancy, because of their nitrate supple-mentation,being beneficial for pregnant women.
However,more research is required. Beets are also rich in folic acid,which is one very good reason for pregnant mothers to include them in their diet. Folic acid helps prevent neural tube defects in the baby.
Health Benefits Of Beetroot
Reduces Bad Cholestrol
Beets contains enough amount of fibre,flavanoids,and betacyanin.Due to Betacyanin,the color of beets become red-violet.It has a enough antioxidents. While reasearching on different variations,it found that the soluble fibre present in beets can have these beneficial properties to reduce bad cholestrols in our body.
Beetroot is also one of those few foods that are low in calories and contains zero cholesterol.
How to select and Store Beets properly
It is possible to find lots of beets from the market in many forms and sizes.
But do you know whatever you are choosing is the best one?Have a look about this in a quick note..
Health Benefits Of Beetroot
Selection of the best
- Pick only those beets that have a deep maroon coloring and are also small and firm.They must also have unblemished skin and bright leaves (with no signs of wilting; and they can be moist too).
- Choose always hard and firm roots-i mean to say, the beets are fresh as they are recently plucked. Avoid beets with scales and spots.And yes, the taproot must be attached with.
- If you found the beets in very large in size and too much hairy, just keep it aside.The hairs on beets are the indications about roughness and its age.You have to avoid them.
- If you are in search for a perfect beet than just choose it in size of about 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Large beets have grown a tough and woody in the center.So avoid large beets, and choose only smaller one for you.
Storage of your Beetroot
- Trim the leaves from the root as soon as you are at home. Otherwise, the leaves will sap the moisture from the root.Also, do not trim the tail.
- It is to keep in mind that always store leaves in a plastic bag separately and use within 2 days.
- Store the beets in a refrigerator after tightly sealed it in a plastic bag like any other vegetables. By this process, your vegetables should be fresh for at least 7 days in refrigerator.
How to Engage Beetroot in your Food
1.A simple way is to intake beet by making beet juice.Because beet juice has a good amount of potassium and manganese.
2.You can use raw beets in your salad. Make a cut whichever you like or suitable for you.
3.Lot’s of food recipes I had seen made with beets.And also, are so delicious.
4.Slice raw beets and serve them with lemon juice and sprinkle with chili powder.
Related:Health and beauty tips in hindi
Have you enjoyed reading about the potential health benefits of beetroot?What is your opinion please comment below and don’t forget to share it.
- Hello Everyone,
My name is vivek guru,author of Health and beauty tips.I love to write on health and beauty tips to solve problems of many people.I try to write most reliable, simple and cheap natural methods for the treatment of any problems related to your health and beauty.
- Natural Remedies2018.02.21I think you have to know these cashew nut benefits
- Natural Remedies2018.02.19Do you heard about these amazing benefits of beetroot ?If not read here..
- Natural Remedies2018.02.15Health benefits and side effects of clove -uses of clove for health
- Beauty and skin care2018.02.11Most effective treatments to get rid of ringworm forever